From:
"George Franck Jr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 10:25:06 -0500
Terry,

Try this on for size:
The automatic plating racks are developing opens or high resistance
connections leaving seemingly random boards with thin copper.  Further
processing removes the remaining copper and ... there they are... Voids.

Need to number your plating racks and keep track of which panels are run
on which racks.  In a past life, a small mature Baker Bro. line would
generate 2 to 4 bad racks per quarter.

The correct thing to do would be to buy another set of racks and do a
wholesale replace and repair every 8 - 18 months.  I am sure your local
rack man would love to help you out.

There are many other possibilities.  I will let others tell you about
them.

George Franck

Whoops, sorry I did not copy the original question from Terry,

--

George Franck Jr
Raytheon E-Systems