TECHNET Archives

September 1998

From:
Fred Shubert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:19:38 -0400
I believe that the problem is to low a Tg for the coating.  Routing can cause some extreme temperatures at the point of contact which might preclude even changing coatings. I'm sure your aware of all this, but you might try changing coatings to higher Tg's and once you find it, spec it in. The other possibility is to find a coating which doesn't exhibit viscous flow when heated.  The Tg's may still be similar but the stringiness might be avoided. One suggestion is to look into the silicone conformal coats.