From:
"isobel tan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 96 13:24:39 SIN
Greetings.

I would like to make inquiry on measurement for twist.

Please refer to section 5.4.2 of IPC-TM-650 number 2.4.22 rev B dated
11/94.  In this section,
it is not mentioned if 3 corners are required to touch the datum surface
when performing the
measurement for twist.

(I have no problem interpreting section 5.4.1.  The method described
clearly that both corners of
an edge are to touch the datum surface when performing measurement for
bow.)

Please refer to section 5.2.2 of IPC-TM-650, no. 2.4.22.  "When the correct
shim thickness is
used the three corners will be in contact with the datum surface" .   I
interpret the statement has
an intend to ensure three corners are touching the datum surface when R1 is
recorded.  If
positive, would it be appropriate to apply pressure on 3 corners when
engaged section 5.4.2?

I appreciate your clarification.

Regards,

Isobel Tan