LEADFREE Archives

January 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Davy, Gordon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:35:46 -0500
Indrek,

Thanks for informing the forum on Estonia's status on legislating the required enablement of the RoHS directive. I'm sorry to say that I was unable to benefit from the link you provided - my Estonian is kind of rusty! Could you give us a summary in English ? When was the legislation passed? What is its identifying number? Is there an English translation? Is there a companion guidance document? Is self-declaration sufficient, or does a producer need to do more to be regarded as compliant? What are the penalties for putting a nonconforming product on the market? Can product be impounded while an alleged nonconformance is being settled in court?

To forum participants in EU member states besides the UK and Estonia: what info can you share on the RoHS implementation status in your country?

Gordon Davy

Baltimore, MD

410-993-7399