LEADFREE Archives

October 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Romm, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:57:10 -0500
Joe,

Good catch.  The wording in the PCN from 2004 was the TI definition at
that time.

The TI definition now reads as follows:

TI defines "Lead (Pb)-Free" or "Pb-Free" to mean semiconductor products
that are compatible with the current RoHS requirements for all six
substances, including the requirements that lead not exceed 0.1% by
weight in homogeneous material. Where designed to be soldered at high
temperatures, TI Pb-Free products are suitable for use in specified
lead-free processes.

Best regards,

Doug Romm