LEADFREE Archives

May 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 16:26:19 -0500
" {The reason behind the capability is that the above laminates have a
good balancing of the important qualities, Td, CTE, Z axis stability,
etc. Tg is not that important, previous threads on TN and LF predict
that even 140Tg would do for up to 8 layers, as long as all the other
qualities are properly taken care of.}"

Correct. Even FR-4 laminate will withstand Pb-free temps if the pre-preg
B-stage material is manufactured properly.
Werner Engelmaier suggested a formula that took all of the fab material
properties into consideration and provided a factor to rate its ability
to withstand reflow temperatures. I believe he called it the STII scale.
Werner, do you still have that information?