LEADFREE Archives

October 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Gilbert, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:02:22 -0700
James,

I just received the information on the ON Semi announcement from my boss.
It was "ON Semiconductor General Announcement #15026".  It contains the
following:

ON Semiconductor's Pb-free products are backward compatible to 210oC.
Backward compatibility refers to the ability of the Pb-free products to be
mounted to a PCB with solder pastes containing Pb. Backward compatibility
does not extend to TO3 and TO92 products as well as Pbfree bump terminations
found on Flip Chip and BGA. It is recommended that only Pb-free solder
pastes and reflow profiles be used with these Pb-free products.