LEADFREE Archives

January 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:52:29 -0600
Hi Camille, IPC LF Listservers,

Well I went looking again to see about the status of this standard. And
here is a little blurb from CENELEC.  The meeting date in December per
their status screen and I am guessing from the coding "Dop" the drop dead
date for publication is 2005 08-01 i.e. just before it is needed.

http://www.cenelec.org/Cenelec/Code/Frameset.aspx

<============ The blurb ==========>
What standard will govern the new WEEE labels?

Question: What standard will govern the new WEEE labels? when will is it
planned for release?

Answer: We wish to inform you that for the time being we just have a draft
standard that is at the beginning of the procedure. It is still at the
evaluation of concrete proposal phase. The draft has been circulated for
comments and the target date for vote is 2004-11-26.

The reference of the draft is prEN 50419 and its title is as
follows: "Marking of electrical and electronic equipment in accordance with
article 11(2) Directive 2002/96/EC (WEEE)".

To know the evolution of this draft, we would suggest you to visit our web
site under section "Search" and click on "Published/in progress" where you
can make a search using keywords or the reference of the standard (just
type "50419" in front of "Standard reference" and click on "Run report) and
then obtain a list of all the related European standards. Proceeding this
way you will see the evolution of the stage codes.

We wish to draw your attention to the fact that CENELEC does not sell
standards.

To place an order for European standards you should contact one of our
members. Please see our webstore at the following link for complete
details:
http://www.cenelec.org/Cenelec/CENELEC+in+action/Web+Store/Standards/default
.htm

As we do not have any member in your country, you should contact the member
of your choice.
<============= End of CENELEC blurb ============>