LEADFREE Archives

May 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
David Suraski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2006 13:21:45 -0400
I hope that no one inferred from the below message that users actually
have to pay royalties to use SN100C. These are absorbed in the cost of
the alloy. Several factors affect solder prices much more so than the
"royalties" mentioned.

I'd also like to add that few, if any, of the "competitive" products to
SN100C share its long history in the field.  As Keith wrote, SN100C has
been in use since 1999 and today there are over 2000 lines around the
world running SN100C with more than 500 million boards in service with
no reported service reliability issues.

Best regards,
David