LEADFREE Archives

January 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:22:34 -0500
Shawn,
I have a web page under construction at
      http://www.dbicorporation.com/rohs.htm
that among other things, addresses how various vendors are
distinguishing their lead-free and RoHS-compliant parts from their
non-compliant parts.  I just finished a table summarizing this data,
with descriptions and images of the markings they say they will use.
Clicking on the vendor name will take you to the web page where I found
this information.

My web page is in pretty-good shape in the following sections:
*  The Problems
*  Government Actions
*  Exemptions
*  Vendor Policies for Identifying Lead-Free and RoHS-Compliant
   Components

But I have about 19 inches of books (with one book still on order) and
24 inches of reports, papers, laws, and magazine articles to read
through and digest before I am ready to call the rest of the web page
near complete...

My 45-page bibliography covering these source documents is at
      http://www.dbicorporation.com/rohsbib.htm

Enjoy!
                John Barnes KS4GL, PE, NCE, ESDC Eng, PSE, SM IEEE
                dBi Corporation
                http://www.dbicorporation.com/