LEADFREE Archives

May 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Quintin Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 09:27:44 -0500
Amol,

It would be best if you can convince your customers to change their
AVL, or you change it yourself.  Our MRP system also won't allow
segregation at the MPN level.  We've found the simplest solution is to
create new part numbers (preferably our customers change them, otherwise
we do it internally) with purely RoHS compliant AVL, and use those to
create purely RoHS compliant BOMs.  Not that it isn't a lot of work in
itself, but it provides the most protection, and allows you to clearly
forecast your RoHS and non-RoHS materials.

Quintin

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/26/06 5:10 AM >>>

Hello Technetters,
In order to have traceability for RoHS vs. non RoHS parts, and to
ensure proper storage and use, we are in the process of rethinking our
current component handling system. My question is to everyone who has
already done this, are you using any MRP software that's SPECIFICALLY
tailored to such a application, or is everyone making changes to their
existing MRP softwares to reflect the segregation as they deem fit
according to their existing conditions?

We are currently facing issues where a particular part # has more than
one vendor on the AVL, and only some vendors out of that list offer RoHS
parts. How does receiving inspection know what part comes in the door?
Our current system is buyer specific (buyer will have to physically add
a note saying its RoHS compliant.....and we all know how that would be a
nightmare) and will not flag automatically if a RoHS complaint part is
ordered thu the AVL.

Any thoughts/suggestions will be welcome

Sincerely,
Amol Kane
M.S (Industrial Eng.)
Process Engineer
Harvard Custom Manufacturing
941 Route 38  Owego, NY 13827
Phone: (607) 687-7669 x349

in
To temporarily stop/(start) delivery of Leadree for vacation breaks
send: SET Leadfree NOMAIL/(MAIL)
Please visit IPC web site

Scanned by Sanmina-SCI eShield

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any prints thereof.
ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS E-MAIL IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING.  Notwithstanding the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law of similar substance and effect, absent an express statement to the contrary hereinabove, this e-mail message its contents, and any attachments hereto are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise intended to bind the sender, Sanmina-SCI Corporation (or any of its subsidiaries), or any other person or entity.