IPC-600-6012 Archives

2000

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Karl Sauter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karl Sauter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 14:18:06 -0700
John,

Some comments (***) -

> 3.3.9 Plating Voids.  Images "Void at Interface" and "Void at Interface2"
>       are included here.

*** Photos of less severe but still rejectable conditions should be more
    helpful as a whole.

> 3.3.12 Innerlayer Separation - Vertical Microsection. Images "Interface
>        Separation" and "Interface Separation2" are included here.

*** A better defect name would seem to be "Separation at Interface - Vertical"

> 3.3.13 Innerlayer Separation - Horizontal Microsection.  Images "Z Axis
>        Separation 1" and "Z Axis Separation 2" are included here.

*** A better defect name would seem to be "Separation at Interface - Horizontal"

Regards,
Karl Sauter

|         _____
|       /____ /\        Karl Sauter, Staff Engineer
|      /____ \\ \       Sun Microsystems, Inc.
|     /_____\ \\ /      VLSI/Advanced Component Engineering
|    /_____/ \/ / /     901 San Antonio Road, M/S UMPK15-103
|   /_____/ /   \//\    Palo Alto, CA  94303-4900
|   \_____\//\   / /
|    \_____/ / /\ /     Phone: 650-786-7663
|     \_____/ \\ \      Pager: 888-902-1298
|      \_____\ \\       FAX  : 650-786-3723
|       \_____\/        Email: [log in to unmask]
|

> Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 11:26:57 -0500
> From: John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: [IPC-600-6012] New Photos for Review
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Colleagues,
>
> I've attached a number of photographs related to lifted lands, negative
etchback, plating voids, etc.  I'd like the group to review them for possible
inclusion within the future visual board acceptance standard, whatever that may
turn out to be.

> I'd like to know if any of the following would be more descriptive/useful than
what is currently found within the following sections of the IPC-A-600F, for:

> 2.10.3 External Annular Ring.  Image "Z Axis misregistration" included here.
>
> 3.1.5.2 Negative Etchback.  Images "Negative Etchback" and "Negative
Etchback2" are included here.