ENVIRONET Archives

April 2005

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:37:36 +0300
David,

Why do you think that I forecast that oil prices may rise to $100/bbl by
the end of 2005, over a year ago? I see that oil futures are well into
the upper 50s, and that means that those who buy futures today are
hoping to make a good profit when they sell in 6 months, including
accrued interests. So this means the purchasers expect the price to be
significantly higher that the current price - and they have factored in
potential losses in case of their crystal ball making a mistake. So,
this autumn, there is a probability of upper $60s, and perhaps my gut
feeling of over a year ago of $100/bbl won't be far wrong by when the
cold sets in.

$100/bbl will mean $3.50/USGal at the pump or more. Want to trade in
your SUV for a Prius? Do it now, before the market is flooded with
second-hand gas-guzzlers!

Brian