ENVIRONET Archives

April 2006

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 11:34:06 +0300
I had a quick look at GCI's site but shuddered at the
user-unfriendliness, at least with my Firefox browser. It seems to be a
typical NGO-activist pseudo-science site, as far as I could judge, based
on a buzz-phrase. Incidentally, the guy is Aubrey, not Audrey (sex change!).

I didn't catch on to Montreal, so cannot comment on their view.

I agree that change cannot happen overnight, but a developed nation with
determination could become fossil carbon-free for electricity and reduce
transport carbon by 50% on a 20 year timescale with today's technology.
It would be more difficult for developing nations because of political
implications (cf. Iran). However, I am RESOLUTELY opposed to any form of
carbon trading. Notwithstanding, it should be possible, perhaps on a
slightly longer timescale.

Brian

--
http://www.cypenv.org Cyprus environment/energy