ENVIRONET Archives

January 2002

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Stephen Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EnviroNet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:12:26 EST
Hi Joe!

Like to see that too, but would like to see the companies that bring the
business to these countries take some reponsibility and make sure that
everything is environmentally sound...

That doesn't happen as often as I see. Major OEM's go into third world
countries knowing there isn't the enviromental restrictions they need to face
in more developed countries. China is one, Malaysia, Taiwan, the Phillipines,
etc...you can see that on the stamping on the parts...

Having China finally look at this stuff is good, but it's just a drop in the
bucket...

-Steve Gregory-