EMBEDDEDNET Archives

November 2003

EmbeddedNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D-37 Sub-Committee Forum <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:46:34 -0600
We finally have the call in information from the service IPC uses.  Susan
Filz is our staff coordinator, and will be the first person on line.  If
you hear music, stay on the line a few minutes, and see if you then get
entered into conference.

The call-in number is 620-584-8200.  The PIN is 12044. Please call in at
2:00 PM Eastern time on Thursday. We will not take over one hour.

Susan's number at IPC is 847-790-5384 if there is any problem.

*******************
Here's the proposed agenda for the first call:

Take attendance

Discuss this call in time and potential for a "newsletter follow-up" to
overseas people who cannot call in.  Also, we may have an FTP site with IPC
by then where information can be posted for interested parties to download.

Discussion topics:

1. Status of IPC Standards after the Annual meeting in Minneapolis in early
October - short as Dave McGregor will not be on line Thursday.  We will
have UL persons on line to answer any questions about UL approval of boards
with embedded passives.  I will see if we can get a document on the ftp
site that will summarize the UL tests required.

2. Past/Upcoming Embedded Passives papers and conferences:
- IPC Fall Meeting
-Upcoming IPC Apex/Expo
-TPCA meeting in Taiwan
-IMAPS activity in Boston
-Others

3. The schedule of IPC 3 hour training courses on embedded passives, many
in conjuction with Designers Council meetings

4. Review of NIST Advanced Embedded Passives Consortium, and schedule of
publication of public document

5. Solicitation of other topics that need to be discussed regularly.
   Design news
   Market news
   OEM comments

6. Ask for subcommittee chairmen to organize activities within the
"Interest Group" for item 5 above.

7..  Schedule follow-up calls on a regular basis. With Thanksgiving, this
may be December 4, if interested parties agree on Thursdays.