EMBEDDEDNET Archives

April 2004

EmbeddedNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D-37 Sub-Committee Forum <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:18:49 -0500
All,

After a short, ad-hoc conference after our EPUG call today, we decided NOT
to put IPC standards documents (even drafts) on the EPUG site.  The reason
is that the official site for standards is in the committee home page.  We
have just posted a Power Point tutorial of how to get to the committee
pages ( Get to Committee Pages.ppt in the April 2004-04  folder).  IPC
staff and committee chairman have responsibility to keep the documents
current on their committee home pages and we feel that now everyone should
be able to find them there.  Older, out of date documents could easily be
downloaded from the EPUG pages if we continue to post.

We will continue to point out on EmbeddedNet when new documents have been
posted on committee pages - to help you know when to download in a timely
manner.  Also, for a time, we will continue to solicit EPUG members to
further support for the standards activities going on in the D-37
standards groups.

Thanks for your patience as IPC breaks new ground with our Embedded
Passives Users Group, and in an orderly posting of pertinent documents.

Denny Fritz