DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
JaMi Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:10:51 -0700
Alexis.

Please see below.

JaMi

. . .

While I will preface my response by stating the fact that not all PC boards
require emissions testing, and that occasionally some companies and or
engineers will perform emissions testing on something that is not required
to have such testing performed, regulatorily speaking, that is the excepton
to the rule, and the exception to the following statement.

IT IS UNLAWFUL TO CHANGE THE STACKUP, OR ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE PC BOARD
ONCE THE EMISSIONS TESTING HAS BEEN COMPLETED, UNLESS YOU PERFORM NEW
EMISSIONS TESTING.

PERIOD ! ! !

NO EXCEPTIONS ! ! !

ALEXIS, YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS ! ! !

ALEXIS, YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THIS ! ! !

ALEXIS, YOU NEED TO TELL THIS TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SUGGEST TO YOU THAT YOU
MODIFY THE BOARD IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER, AFTER THEY HAVE GONE THRU
EMISSIONS TESTING, WHETHER IT IS YOUR BOSS, OR AN ENGINEER, OR A BOARD HOUSE
! ! !

ANY CHANGE TO THE PC BOARD INVALIDATES THE EMISSIONS TEST ! ! !

PERIOD ! ! !

I apologize if this is rude or if this is unprofessional, but you just don't
seem to get the point.

It is not just bad design practice, or bad engineering practice, it is
against the law.

JaMi