DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2010

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 17:57:21 -0500
Well, I guess my REAL question should have been:
"Has anyone experienced switch contact failures using the IPC recommended
150 knoop, 118uin. Nickel min, 31.5uin. Gold min. for edge connectors?"
Joyce on IPC TechNet suggested that Switch Contacts may be different than
Edge Connectors, where I had assumed they would be the same.

IPC doesn't seem to make any distinction for anything other than:
- Gold for Edge Connectors
- Gold to be Soldered
- Gold for Wire Bonding
- Gold Immersion (ENIG)

So what fab dwg note do YOU use for Switch Contacts???

Jack