DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

August 2007

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Charles Gervasi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:19:33 -0700
For component courtyard sizes, this tool will give you courtyard sizes
for wide, normal, and dense placement:
http://www.pcblibraries.com/IPC-7351/

There should be some process for the manufacturing engineer to review
placement just as routing is beginning.

Spacing rules on copper features should be provided by the board house.
I try to start with as much spacing as possible.  I figure when I move
below 7/7 mils width/spacing, I'm adding at least some cost to the
board.

I base through-hole padstacks on these rules:
http://www.pcbexpress.com/technical/faq.php#drills%20

PCB Express is a cheap fab house, so anyone ought to be able to fab
something built to their guidelines.

CJ