DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

November 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jim Thornhill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Thornhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:41:24 -0000
If you have exposed copper on a cryo instrument the normal cold
surface can cause condensate to form. This can have an adverse effect on the
copper finish on the exterior. Perhaps a nickel finish would be better or a
spray over externally with HT sealant or the PCB rework flux sealants
that we used when we only had copper finish boards in the dark ages...

Jim

Jim Thornhill
University of Liverpool
Department of Physics