DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
James Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 17:03:07 -0600
Hello folks,

I have a question regarding the use of OpCode 389 when it is related to
Board Outline data.

According to the IPC-D-356A standard (paragraph 8.7), and I quote...

"This record type will permit the description of outlines, and other segment
data that is not connected to a specific net."

OK... so is this used to represent the outline of a P.C. Board. Correct? If
so, then all I see is information on how to represent straight lines. What
happens if I have arcs in the outline?

I realize that arcs are defined in IPC-D-350, but this seems to be a
different animal, and I am not sure that it fits into the 389 OpCode very
well.

If I sound confused, it's because I am. 8-|

Please help,

I also have other IPC-D-356A questions... these will come later.

Thanks in advance,

James Jackson

James Jackson                           Oztronics
1631 Escalon Ave., Suite B              San Antonio, TX 78221-3126
210-921-1758    FX: 210-921-0124        http://joj.home.texas.net