DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
James Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 17:11:34 -0600
Hello again,

I am a bit confused about how to represent the Soldermask as defined in the
Spec.

I have looked at the previous discussions on this (Oct 3, 1997 - Harry
Parkinson), but it still leaves a bit of confusion (in my mind) as to how I
am to indicate Soldermask for a Surface Mount Pad, or Blind Via in the data
file.

If I interpret Table 7-2 literally, then it would seem that if I have a SMT
pad on the Primary side of the PCB, then I would use a code of S2 to
indicate that there is soldermask on the Secondary Side... and none on the
Primary Side. Correct? If so, then this is very confusing... at least to me.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks,

James Jackson

James Jackson                           Oztronics
1631 Escalon Ave., Suite B              San Antonio, TX 78221-3126
210-921-1758    FX: 210-921-0124        http://joj.home.texas.net