DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:42:57 -0500
Ron,

Having been in the university environment before (Mark IV project @
SLAC) I can
commiserate with your situation.  I would not start from scratch, I
would do as someone suggested and get the board scanned in (easy to do
as
this is a two sided board).  Then, make that a background layer in
whatever PC-CAD program you have (in PCAD it's a piece of cake - I
sometimes do a pre-layout in ME-CAD then import it and draw over that
layer then turn it off to photoplot.  It does mean laying out the
traces one by one IF you want the vectors for later modifications of
the board.  Otherwise, as was suggested, use the board as the artwork
itself (but then a lot of cleanup work will have to be done as I
suspect you have to deal with a silkscreen layer as well?

Bob L.