DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2008

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Ted Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:02:49 -0600
If the local chapters are not active and the designer council is not
actively working on keeping them alive, who is insuring that the standards
are current? Have there been any active groups making or suggesting changes
or amendments to the current standards? What ever happened to the advanced
CID modules you would be able to take after the advanced certification
course?

Interestingly enough there are just as many designer questions on TN then
there are manufacturing questions and this forum has been quite for
sometime.  I lost my full time design job four years ago and started work
with EMS providers in a manufacturing environment. I am now an electronics
automotive quality engineer and have been doing board layout on the side for
the last three years. I have lost all contact with IPC DC, but still sign up
to the DC forum looking for new ideas and classes to keep my design
knowledge current. I am sure there are other designers out there that have
done the same. Could it be that we as designers have dropped in numbers so
much that we no longer have a voice or that due to down sizing our workloads
have tripled giving us less time to participate in the DC or area chapters?

Ted T

  _____