DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 1999

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Kelly M. Schriver" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 18:08:31 -0500
Hi Jack -

The callout is adequate, assuming tolerances are stated elsewhere on the
drawing.  Experience, from having attempted use of countersunk holes in both
epoxyglass and polyimideglass boards, says someone is going to break some
boards.  The laminate materials just don't hold up to the force applied by
this type of fastening arrangement.

I would suggest you explore your alternatives, such as a straight hole
covered by a countersunk automotive trim washer or similar.

Regards - Kelly