DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2015

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Di Marcello Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2015 06:40:25 +0000
A good one this.

For absolute full on dedicated design time I usually add another 50% of the design time for the "You never know factor"

So the famous 2 weeks becomes 3. But this is 100% dedicated hours.

Usually, lots of interruptions occur, and I mean lots.
So as in time to completion I usually double the result too. :)
I suppose we are kind of lucky here because all our designs are our own products, i.e. not working for third parties, so things are easier and flexible.

Paul.