DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Tom Garman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:04:44 -0400
Jami;
Alexis is competent enough to ask the right questions. Most of the
people I have dealt with consider the other person to be competent until
proven otherwise. From your posting I can see that you have not had the
same experience. I have worked in situations where I had to prove my
competence. I did not enjoy those jobs very much. Most board designers
do not have advanced degrees in electrical engineering nor are they
clairvoyant. In my viewpoint it is a waste of an engineer's time to be
laying out boards. The engineer should be reviewing the layout but
unless he is at the low end of the salary scale it is not cost effective
for him to do layout.

PS I don't need to brag, I have witnesses.

Tom Garman
PCB Designer
330-575-1636