DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

December 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Martyn Gaudion <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 19:48:53 +0000
Kitty,

Up in the microwave arena corners are mitred to reduce the effect
of extra capacitance on the corner.

In most high speed digital applications this has negligible effect.

If you look at a corner even with a very fast TDR pulse it is very
hard or impossible to see the effect.

However for much higer frequencies and microwave work mitred
corners are often used.

On your emc question:
I am not sure how the current "knows" where its headed ??
Perhaps someone else can explain if this is myth or legend!

Kind regards
Martyn Gaudion
www.polarinstruments.com
Design & test tools for