DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2012

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
grandrien <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
grandrien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 23:59:06 +0200
One option to lower solder wicking on opposite side could be to increase via diameter. For example to 20mils. Any one has same experience?

rgds
Message du 13/09/12 00:07
De : "Fred Dark"
A : [log in to unmask]
Copie à :
Objet : Re: [DC] Vias under a QFN package (Thermal Refief)

We use 8mil vias with no issues in assembly process... processing component side and or solder side first... Doesn't matter..! 10mils is good also
depending how the board is ran in the assembly process...

Regard's, Frederick Dark Jr.
Manager Senior PCB Designer
Crestron Electronics, Inc.
22 Link Drive Rockleigh N.J. 07647