DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

April 2000

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Relucio, Ruby" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DesignerCouncil E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:54:26 -0400

Career Opportunities
(Milpitas, CA and Austin, TX)

X-LAM Technologies, a unit of Kulicke and Soffa Industries, Inc., a
Philadelphia Company, develops laminate substrates for flip-chip and
advanced wire bonding applications.  This is a technology that deposits thin
film structures on advanced PCBs in large panels.  Our continued growth has
created an excellent opportunity in our Milpitas facility and a new design
center to be opened in Austin, TX for dedicated engineering professionals to
join us in the following roles.

Package Design Manager
We have an opening for a Package Design Manager reporting to the Director of
Design, Test & Product Management.  We are seeking a high energy, results
oriented technical manager who will be responsible for staffing and managing
a highly technical team through all phases of flip chip high density
laminate substrate design from customer interaction to product release to
manufacturing.  This individual should have a good working knowledge of
state of the art design; simulation tools and high performance design
methodologies, as well as program and people management experience.
Candidates should possess BS or MS in EE, CE or Physics with a minimum of
5-10 years related experience. (Job# SJ0423-PDM)

Package Test Manager

We are seeking a qualified individual who will staff and manage a team of
engineers and technicians responsible for all phases of development and
manufacturing test for X-LAM's high-density laminate substrates.  This will
include selection, purchase, and installation of test equipment and
software.  In addition, establish test capability and support for product
characterization, reliability testing, test procedures reporting systems and
running the day-to-day test operation.  Candidates must possess a BS or MS
in a relevant engineering curriculum along with 5-10 years of work
experience. (Job# SJ0423-PTM)

Packaging Design and Test Engineers

We have openings for experienced engineers who will be responsible for all
phases of design or test of high density, high performance flip chip
laminate substrates using X-LAM's Ultra Via technology.  We are seeking
individuals who have direct work experience in state of the art simulation
and design tools or development/manufacturing test solutions for our high
density interconnects.  Candidates should possess BS/MS in EE, CE or Physics
with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience. (Job# SJ0423-PDTE)

Product Engineer
We are seeking for an engineer who will be responsible for product
application and engineering. To interface with customer to define product
requirements, specifications, applications and to specify customer
performance, evaluation procedure, reliability and quality demands.  Work
with customer and internal groups from design to test phases. Work with
development and manufacturing groups to define new product direction and
technology roadmap.   Candidates should have BS/MS in Engineering and with a
minimum of 3 years of related experience in product engineering, application
or development in electronic packaging, HDI substrates or assembly.
Familiarity with product design, application, fabrication, cost, testing and
qualification is a plus. (Job# SJ0423- PE)

We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience & qualifications
combined with a comprehensive benefits package.  Please send your resume,
referencing Job#, to:  X-LAM Technologies, Inc., Attn.: Ruby Relucio, 1504
McCarthy Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035 or e-mail to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> . EOE.