DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

June 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
"Kowalewski, Andy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:16:54 -0500
Hi all,

Attached is an email I have received from Tom Hausherr, of
PCBLibraries.com

Tom is a longtime expert board designer, has a passion for efficient
design, preaches a powerful sermon about designing in metric units, and
lately has been totally immersed in CAD library issues. Through his and
his colleague's outstanding efforts, IPC-7351 is about to hit our
'must-see' lists for looking at standard CAD libraries names, units
formats and any number of other librarian issues that dominate that very
important part of board design.

Tom has made a very generous offer for designers everywhere to sample
software he and his partner have written for doing all sorts of good
things when it comes to library parts. There's a time limit to this free
offer, and I strongly urge every designer to register, download it, play
with it and use it if it suits their design processes. If it does and
you find it useful, it would help Tom and his company if you support his
efforts financially in the future, with added tools and upgrades.

And as Chairman of the IPC Designers Council, I'd like to extend a huge
'Thank you' to Tom on behalf of all designers for a selfless gesture,
and wish him well for the future.

Andy Kowalewski
Chairman, IPC Designers Council

Sychip Inc