DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2010

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Scott Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:41:13 -0400
I've got fairly simply two layer board that is mirrored top to bottom. One
of the connectors uses alignment pins that are offset from the center line.
This connector is oriented so that the alignment holes are in the same
locations top and bottom.

The alignment pins are nominally 0.023" and the board will be 0.062" . I
don't see any mechanical issues, but have never used the same set of
alignment holes for two components. Does anyone know of any problems doing
this ? I can increase the thickness of the board if it would make a
difference.

Scott D. Riley
Technical Design Service
607-658-9322 - Office