DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1996

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 96 9:02:14 EDT
To Gary Allen,

We have panelized some of our boards also and use the PCAD software with no
problems.  We use the same method as stated by John Burton, so I don't think
it is a problem with the software.  We do however discuss what we want with
our board vendor so as to optimize the panel for our assembly process.  Not
knowing how you specify your step and repeat drawing I'd guess right off
that's where your problem is.  Check with your people who are doing the panel
routing to get their inputs as to the problem they're having.  Also discuss
with the board vendor the problems you are having, they usually do this for
more than one company and may have a process better than the one you are
specifying on your drawing.  Communication is what it will take to fix your
problem.

Larry Campbell
Supervisor, PWB
BFGoodrich, Avionics Systems