TECHNET Archives

August 2020

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Andy H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 2020 07:02:38 -0500
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has any experience or resources in calculating the difference between wet and cured conformal coat?

Essentially my company is introducing a process control where we use a comb to check the thickness of con-coat on a production 1st off, then when it has cured we use an eddy tester to check the cured thickness.
Ultimately what we want is a graph or a table, for operators, that indicates if wet comb test = X micrometers then cured will = Y micrometers, we hope to be able to achieve a 'right first time' process.

We are currently using a 50:50 ratio of coat to thinner but we are also looking at water based coating too.

Does such graph or table already exist? If not can anyone advise what variables need to be considered into our research?