I'm having a problem with one 0805 cap part number where the parts are being pulled out of the pocket before the placement head can pick it up and they are sticking to the cover tape as it is pulled back from the pick up position.

I have tried another reel and still the same problem.  I'm guessing it is a static charge that is being generated that is causing this.  Don't think it is glue.  I have another 0805 cap in a feeder right next to this one and it is not having this problem.

This is a consignment build with the customer supplying us with only two reels.

Any ideas?

Peter Wong
Silicon Forest Electronics, Inc.