Werner,
1) So if the IPC spec is wrong, why did we leave it as such in the last round of discussions?
2) I agree crazy data would be measured with condensation on the boards. However, wasn't the whole idea of the 96 hour latent period put in there because that was the time found that it would take to lose any condensation that might form during an uncontrolled ramp-up, where both temperature and humidity controls were turned on at the same time?

3) I agree that the spacing and method of attachment of test wires is important.  I never said otherwise.
4) I have never had the failure of an external reservoir on a humidity chamber - once I made sure the floats were able to freely go up and down because the float arms were no longer bent!  :)

5) I am only 46 and have only been in the industry for 10 years, so the 80's are ancient to me.   :)

regards,
Bev
Nortel Networks