Richard All our work is military based and we frequently use components older than 5 years. They are generally stored in ambient conditions and well packaged. We do not periodically bake there is no benefit to be gained and it could exacerbate the solderability problem. We would only bake prior to assembly/soldering operations. However, we do on occasions have to store a one time buy of components which are likely to become obsolete. These could be stored for 10 - 20 years and is done in white spot nitrogen ( dry ), so far this has been satisfactory. We do solderability tests every 2 years to evaluate components and in all the years I've been doing this I've only seen problems with Sn/Pb finish after about 6 years old. I've never seen a problem with gold finish components for solderability due to storage. (I just hope that continues now!!! :) Regards Chris Evans MBD UK