[don't you just hate sending out an e-mail before you're finished with it ~grin~]

Bill,

First, I am one of the fabricators. Of course I have only been involved with
PCB's for a little over 1 and a half years. It is the goal of this company
to meet our customers expectations, so when we hear of a customers
dis-satisfaction with product we attempt to immediately address the problem.
Our customer returns have declined tremendously over the past twelve months;
however, when these happen we do as much research as possible including
requesting customer process data in order to make as informed decision as
possible.

Have we identified conditions occuring at the assemblers? Absolutely, and
most often they are willing to listen to our findings and make appropriate
adjustments there to correct it. We have also identified causes for these
problems within our facility. We make appropriate changes here as well.

It is our belief that we should work with the assembler/customer in order
to satisfy everyone's goals.

Yes, I realize some customers have had bad experiences with suppliers, but I'll wager that if you were to count the number of fabricators willing to work with you the number would lean more towards those that would. Comments like yours "The reason why a new supplier is suggested is because I've had experiences where I would show the defects to the board manufacturer and he would point the finger at my process for the cause of the problem." in my opinion should be expanded on a bit more, for the sake of clarity.
Thanks for the ear,

Franklin D Asbell
Network Circuits, Inc.
[a fabricator of printed circuit boards]
Irving, Texas