From: Franklin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 1999 1:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [TN] IPC and Bellcore specs

Jacob,

IPC.ORG has a page to download the IPC-SM-840 specification you're after.

Good luck trying to find the Bellcore Spec. I've searched and searched to no avail. I finally had the customer send me the specific requirements they requested us to comply with. In my opinion, if the customer requires a supplier to meet a certain specification, they should provide that specification. To date we have not had a customer deny this request.

It's interesting that they would request compliance with both specifications (IPC ~v~ Bellcore) as there are some distinct differences between the two, especially for solder mask.

If they give you a choice, choose the IPC specification.

Good luck.

Franklin