I just don't ever, ever use 7628/7629 material as prepreg to bond. I know there are others out there never having a problem. There just isn't enough resin to glass ratio to make the stuff stick consistently, etc.

Enough theatrics. I know you are not using single or multiple plies of this material as the B stage alone. I know you are using a nice, juicey 1080 layer (or 2113?) to sandwich the stuff in between to ensure maximum bond strength, dimensional stability, and cost savings.

Earl Moon
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Franklin
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, August 19, 1999 1:25 PM
  Subject: [TN] Measling

  Here's one for you guys, and gal's.

  We are witnessing measling in sporadic fashion.

  It usually occurs along the edge of the panel, sometimes encroaching on the boards, sometimes not.

  We have already contacted our supplier, for their huh hum, expertise.

  We pulled and reviewed again, all process records. There has been no change in the process. Verification and calibration records reflect proper equipment function.

  This is happening with 7629 pre-preg in 12 x 18 and 18 x 24 sizes

  We had pulled the material with the same lot number, the problem went away just as quick.

  Well, it repeated itself a week or two later, again we switched to a different batch of material, the problem went away.

  With the supplier on-hand, we laid up a book using pre-preg from the batch we had earlier observed measling from, as well as from another batch, there were not any measles observed, we repeated this, and again there were measles.

  We went back to the process, re-checked everything, still no significant changes.

  Our supplier has been in-house for three days running experiment's, they even brought someone in to assist him, they are just as puzzled.

  Samples have been sent to Microtek Labs for their analysis/opinion, no response so far.

  Just wondering, does anyone out there want to take a shot at this one.

  Thanks,

  Franklin D Asbell