I am surprised that no one is marking finished PCBs. Are we still sticking BBT OK stickers which get into post assembly wash and clean  etc.- or are you using bar coding ?? I must be truly living in the stone age then.

My problem is that I process PCBs in a 40 to 400 panel Up. The panels have traceability upto singulation. Post singulation there is no way we can impart traceability except by marking them as they pass thru inspection. I wish I had one of these hand held labelling machines kind of that will allow me to print on each PCB " BBT OK, SNo XXXXX" next one " BBT Ok, SNo XXXX1" and so on. Since the nos. would be small we need a digital printer - preferable hooked up to our PCs so that we can keep track of the cards sent with every Invoice.( and keep a record of the singulated card no. to the production panel no.) The printer could be desktop or hand held. Latter preferable. The ink should be quick drying with UV ?? I know the wishing season is far away so help me G O D.

Anil