-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Jennens [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 1999 12:10 PM
To: TechNet
Subject: Castin

Mornin' all-

    With all this talk about lead-free, I found that Aim solder has a patented alloy which they say is a drop is replacement for lead solder.  I have ordered a sample and am interested not because it is lead free, but because it has a nearly eutectic melting point of 215-217C.  Does any body have any experience with this solder paste?  Is there anything I should be aware of before I use it?  Are there similar products which have nearly eutectic melting points?  I examined the tech sheets for it and their claims seem to be accurate.  I have included the link so the technetters can see if there is anything I failed to notice in the tech sheets.

http://www.aimsolder.com/castinp.htm

-Ryan Jennens
TelGen Corporation