Good Morning,

I am the Quality Manager at Endicott Research Group in Endicott New York. I have a question regarding fractured joints. On page 56 of IPC 610 it refers to lead cutting. Our operators are cutting leads on stranded wires. The solder fillet around the wire lead is fine. The top area where the cut is made reveals a fracture line and in some instance you can see where the strands have been seperated from each other. Some wires show a clean surface cut. Is the fracture line on the top side of the wire an acceptable condition? Is this a problem waiting to happen if it isn't reflowed?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Arciolla     [log in to unmask]