I'm presently looking at new schematic/pcb layout tools to include schematic capture and pcb layout for primarily digital and analog, with minor rf design.  Have used several tools in the past, but like to here from others what the think of Orcad and Cadstar.  Concerns are library mgmt along with eco updates (fwd/bak annotation), and interface to a thermal package (probably BetaSoft).  Simulation at the front end would be nice but not a major concern.  Our designs are normally low production prototype, with several iterations, and need to produce quality documentation.

Would like to here your opinions,

Thanks

Tom Kropski
Sierra Technologies, Inc