Tom, I'd be worried about standoff height and joint shape with the wave approach. Someone suggested spacers which would help with the standoff, but you might get a nasty joint shape that will cause reliability problems. I'd definitely try it if you're backed into a corner, but plan on some sectioning to make sure it's reliable. Rod Martens. Hi everyone, I just thought of something else that might work. Since the pads are thru-hole, can I just place the component on top and run it through wave? Since the pads are plated thru-hole, solder will come up and create a joint with BGA balls. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Tom Han Ardent Systems __________________________________________________ Rod Martens Process Technology Engineer Hewlett-Packard Company 3400 E. Harmony Rd. MSA5-6L Fort Collins, CO 80528-9599 (970)898-7709 [log in to unmask]