Can anyone tell me if there is a standard for marking of chip resistors and the colors that are used in identification of the resistors.  For example I regularly uses chip resistors that are black in color with the value given in 3 digits.  I understand that the first 2 digits are the value and the last digit is the mulipler (432 = 4.3K) But I have also seen chip resistors that are blue in color or green in color with the same values.  Does the color of  the package go to tolerance?  This is what I first belived until I came across a light blue package with 4 digits (1002).  Would this be a 10K resistor with better tolerance than say a black package marked (103) ?  Is there a standard for the marking and If so where can I find it?  Thanks for your help