Dear Kandasamy,

I got your email from Paul. Re those questions you are interested, I would like to response as follows:

1) Yes, there is single-sided FR4 1.6mm 35um copper laminate on most of the double-sided laminate suppliers' products list. However, as single-sided FR4 is not popular when compare with double-sided FR4, laminate suppliers ask for hugh MOQ. In addition, the price difference between single-sided FR4 & double-sided FR4 is not big, say 10%. In order to escape from the big MOQ reqirement, PCB manufacturers start on double-sided & etch away one side of copper in case they need single-sided FR4.

2) Yes, FR4  is punchable for holes with diameter 0.8mm to 7mm & for outline profile. However, punched holes is not good for copper plate through as the punched hole wall surface is not smooth enough compare with drilled holes'.

3) We use steel punching tool to do the NPTH & outline profile.

Wish it helps.

Best regards, Boris Cheung