Hello Jack.

My name is Marty Grove, and I have been employed by Atotech USA, or more commonly known as Chemcut for about 18 or 19 years now.

The three most common regeneration methods of Cupric Chloride etchant is a) Chlorine, b) Hydrogen Proxide, and c) Sodium Chlorate.  Each have their advantages and drawbacks, but from a safety standpoint I agree with Mike Covel (hello Mike, should you read this... ) that Sodium Chlorate would be the safest.

Should you desire any further information...  feel free to e-mail me (with a mailing address) and I will arrange to have some information sent to you directly.

I have just recently joined this forum, and look forward to reading and discussing topics presented in this forum.

Marty Grove
Atotech USA