From: ROBERT MEINERT <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TECHNET] Re[2]: [TECHNET] General Question

Date: Wednesday, September 03, 1997 11:17 AM

     technet.com ftp (sort of):  Lotus cc:mail 2.2 used here, no problems
     observed w/ files or attachments . . . .so far!

_________________________________
Subject: Re: [TECHNET] General Question
Author:  [log in to unmask] at Internet-HICAM-OK

Date:    9/3/97 7:41 AM

     Dave

     Just so you know it isn't just you.  I have lotus cc mail and I am
     having the same problem.  Dymetry has turned several things on and off
     including the MIME formatting and I still have the problem.

     Chuck Brummer

_________________________________
Subject: [TECHNET] General Question
Author:  "TechNet Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>,
[log in to unmask] at
ccUnix

Date:    9/2/97 5:56 PM

     Hi TechNet!
     Since IPC has changed the TechNet server hardware I have had a problem
     opening TechNet messages. Our system uses Lotus cc:Mail and if the
     author address is too large then cc:Mail has a general protection
     fault and shuts the cc:Mail application down. Is anyone in the TechNet
     community (who uses Lotus cc:Mail) found a way around having large
     author names crash the cc:Mail application? I have a very inefficient
     method around this problem (forwarding messages) but am looking for
     something simpler.

     Dave Hillman
     Rockwell Collins